Wednesday, December 9, 2009

#7 Christmas Casuals.

Its that time again, time to get a job and earn truckloads of money, yes! :). Since year 10 I've forced myself to get into work and sacrifice most of my summer holidays, I would moan and groan, as you do, but by the time payday rolled around my lips were sealed. This year I pretty much had to beg my way into this job, and boy, am I glad I got it. Seeing that it was as easy as clicking my fingers previously for a summer occupation I wasn't to worried to find one this year. This is where I was wrong, oh so wrong. Knowing that we're in a recession or just crawling our way out of one I should have known that big businesses wouldn't be too keen on hiring tons of workers or I'll just say this to make myself feel better about my rejection. In reality they should be hiring more, but lets just come to the conclusion that they're just plain stingy. Thank the heavens for Hollywood Bakery and having my parents connections, because tomorrow I'll begin my journey at the bakery waitressing and hopefully not peeling chickens and washing up. Either way, work equals money and thats what I'm there for right?. Hopefully I'll have the chance to meet lots of crazy customers and I will definitely share my funny work stories with you if there is any. Surely this will be a heck of a roller coaster ride with myself as an employee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment